Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Recipe | Slow Cooker Swedish Meatballs

 
For whatever reason, my husband was craving Swedish meatballs. I'm not sure if he was wanting his mom's version, but I did a little twist.
 

 
Ingredients
  • 1 bag of frozen meatballs
  • 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 can of beef broth
  • 1 packet of brown gravy mix (or whatever gravy mix you prefer, you can get creative here)
  • 1/2 cup of water
  • noodles (I used egg noodles)
 
Instructions:
  • Mix together everything, except meatballs and noodles, whisk until smooth.

 
  • Dump meatballs in slow cooker


  • Pour mixture over meatballs
  • Cook on low for 6 hours
  • Serve over cooked noodles of your choice



While I was preparing it, I wasn't a fan of the smell. I think it was the gravy packet, so I was a little hesitant and pretty convinced I wasn't going to like it. I was regretting trying to get creative. But when I got home to the smell of it cooking it all day, I was excited to give it a whirl. We cooked up some noodles and slapped the meatballs on over them and shoved it in our mouths. It was so good! A went back for seconds, so that's always a great thing! I hope you guys enjoy this as much as we did! Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment